Aeromarine LSA is managed by Chip W. Erwin, a serial entrepreneur with 40+ years experience in bringing affordable aircraft to the market.
His previous company, Czech Aircraft Works, built over 750 aircraft and aircraft kits plus created 3 LSA models: The SportCruiser/PiperSport, the Mermaid, and the Parrot. His focus now is developing and promoting the new class of ‘Personal Sport Aircraft’ which means bringing aircraft to the market than a lot more people can actually afford to buy an fly.
Aeromarine-LSA has established a base of operations at the South Lakeland Airport which has a perfect location in central Florida near all the famous amusement parks and close to both Tampa and Orlando International airports. This location was chosen primarily because the airport is very light aircraft friendly and perfectly suitable location to operate a builders-assistance center but also because it has excellent year-round flying weather, has ports nearby for importing aircraft and not too far from a hockey rink.
Our second location is in Dayton, Ohio at Phillipsburg Airport (3i7). This is convenient to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base where Aeromarine works projects for the Air Force Research Lab.
The build centers are part of the plan to be able to offer the E-AB Merlin with less than 2 weeks build time and with professional results.
History: Chip W. Erwin
- Established and managed a $14mm annual sales aircraft manufacturing company with global sales and >250 employees
- Designed and certified 3 LSA-class aircraft
- BS in General Business from Arizona State University (1980) and MBA in Entrepreneurship from the University of North Dakota (1990) (completed MBA in school record 9 months with 4.0 GPA)
- Test pilot & amphibious aircraft pilot experience. Seaplane pilot for 35 years
- 3-time winner of Piccolo Schneider Cup seaplane race (Italy)
- Invited to Olympic trials in sailing (twice)
- Non-Traditional Defense Contractor – Began supporting the DoD 2 years ago as a SME as a Consultant on Aircraft Design and Test Activities – Has gained an in-depth understanding of user needs.
- Security Clearance