For those of you who missed SNF 2023 here are some photos.
We introduced the production version of the Merlin Lite and a new Merlin Lite on our 750 floats. An ultralight motor-glider floatplane all in one! This airplane is very impressive. I will be flying it off the water soon. That will be a lot of fun!
Here is the first of 3 videos/articles from Dan Johnson:
I think I had at least 7 interviews. Here is one by Kitplanes:
The show was hot. Record heat for Florida this early. And dusty. No rain during the show never happens. Everything was covered in dust. But I guess that is better than the squall lines we have had in the past.
Interest in the entire Merlin line was strong. And even we don’t market it, the 2-seat Merlin yet demand is picking up.
I made a nice video of the flights into the show and lost it. Sigh. So, starting over, here is a video of the return from SNF with the Merlin Lite: https://youtu.be/nPsPeoqTZfA
Bottom right you can see a new addition: Remote choke for the Polini 303DS.
Here is my short-term work plan, with some overlapping tasks:
- Sunday, I fly back to Europe. First stop is UK for more flight trials with the Vtwin Merlin. This is valuable to really prove the engine installation is sorted.
- Next stop will be TPA in Olomouc, CZ. I will be sorting out the Vtwin documentation for the build manual and POH plus sorting the Merlin Lite POH, collecting parts, and a dozen or so other details with TPA.
- And checking on the Merlin kits that should be nearly finished and will be shipped to M-Squared for assembly in USA soon.
- And a possible stop at the AERO show as long as I am over there.
- Plus, a visit to my Prague-based dentist. Hockey ya know…
I expect this trip will be under two weeks. I need to get back to USA to finish:
- Numerous Merlin builds. Two Merlins in Dayton are nearly done then move operations to M-Squared in Alabama to finish builds there and get Paul up to speed.
- Merlin Lite flight testing in Florida.
- Merlin Lite on floats flights. And some really cool video I expect.
- And a build in the Philippines to complete.
- Then get ready for Oshkosh! I would like to have a TrueLite or two done for Oshkosh plus the Electrolite. But getting all the above work done by that term will be a challenge.
Watch this space to see the results in real time!